The father and son team have built a successful law practice serving Broward and Palm Beach counties based on integrity and client loyalty.
I hold Martindale-Hubble’s highest rating, “AV,” thus “indicating very high to preeminent legal ability and very high ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the Bar.” (listing) It would be my pleasure to speak with you in detail about how my services may help you or your company. Please choose ‘contact’ from the menu to the left to find all the necessary information for contacting my office. I look forward to hearing from you.
– Thomas Oates
Thomas D. Oates
Primary Fields of Practice:
- Litigation, Business Transactions, Real Estate, Estate Planning & Probate.
- Florida Supreme Court, April 2004
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2005
- Stetson University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, December 2003
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Warrington College of Business Administration (Information Science), 2001
- Broward County Bar Association
- President, 2017-2018
- President-Elect, 2016-2017
- Treasurer, 2015-2016
- Secretary, 2014-2015
- Director, 2010 – 2014
- Board Chair, Lawyer Referral Service (Former)
- Technology Committee Chair (Former)
- Board Liason, Intellectual Property Section
- Attorney’s Real Estate Council of Broward County (Since 2014)
- Florida Bar, LOMAS Advisory Board (2010-2012)
- North Broward Bar Association (President ’13-’14; President ’09-’10; Secretary/Treasurer ’05-’06)
- Attorney’s Title Insurance Fund (Member since 2003)
- North Broward Young Professional Kiwanis (President ’06)
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division (Member)
- Volunteer Judge, Broward County Teen Court, Youthful Offender Diversion Program (2008-Present)
- Speaker: Roger Staley Memorial Real Property Seminar, Eviction Roundup and Legislative Updates (2014 and 2015)
Daniel E. Oates
Primary Fields of Practice:
- Business, Construction, Real Estate and Probate Litigation; Mortgage and Construction Lien Foreclosure; Usury Law; Estate Planning and Probate
Admitted to Practice:
- State of Florida, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1979 (including trial bar)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1982
- University of Florida (Juris Doctor, 1976)
- Florida State University (Bachelor of Science, 1974)
- Phi Delta Phi;
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association, 1988-current ;
- Chairman, City of Lighthouse Point Planning and Zoning Board, 1989-1993;
- Mayor, City of Lighthouse Point, 2001-2003;
- Commissioner, City of Lighthouse Point, 1993-2001
- North Broward Bar Association (Past President)
- The Florida Bar (Chairman, Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee 17 B, 2000)
Angela has been with the firm since 2013. She handles all the commercial and residential real estate transactions and has been in the industry since 2003. Angela has a bachelor of science from Florida Atlantic University with majors in finance and business management.
She also holds a real estate broker’s license in the State of Florida.
Probate & Estate Planning
Caren has been with the firm for two years, previously working with attorney Alton Linn prior to his retirement.
With 22 years of combined experience, Caren assists with all the probate administration and estate planning matters for the firm.
Andrea has been with the firm since 2014. She is the legal assistant to Mr. Oates.
Andrea grew up in Margate and has a bachelor of science from Broward College in 2013.